Graff’s Textbook of Urinalysis and Body Fluids, Third Edition features short, easy-to-digest chapters, and an extensive array of built-in study aids to help you master key content. Retaining the wide array of full color photos, illustrations, and photomicrographs that have made this text a time-honored resource for students and laboratory professionals, this updated Third Edition is now even easier to use and easier to teach from.
In addition to adding new and expanded content, the authors have reorganized the book into shorter, easier-to-digest chapters, added photos that depict important slides currently seen in practice, and created new online engagement exercises to help students master the material. An expanded array of online resources saves instructors time and help students succeed.
Each new print copy include a Navigate 2 Companion Website that features interactive and informative learning resources that gauge understanding and help students study more effectively.
- More than 500 photos and illustrations—50 new to this edition—clarify concepts and illustrate the normal and abnormal structures found in body fluids.
- Superb coverage of urinalysis and other bodily fluids, including cerebrospinal fluid, serous fluids, synovial fluids, gastric fluids, fecal analysis, semen analysis, and vaginal secretions, prepares you for effective practice.
- Chapter Objectives, Key Terms, Study Questions, and a complete Glossary of Terms help you master the material and assess your understanding.
- Case Studies include sample lab results and images, challenging you to put chapter concepts into practice.
Section I Foundational Information
- Chapter 1 Urinary System Anatomy and Physiology and Urine Formation
- Chapter 2 Renal and Urinary Tract Diseases and Related Urinalysis Findings
- Chapter 3 Metabolic Diseases and Related Urinalysis Findings
- Chapter 4 Urinalysis Clinical Laboratory Operations
- Chapter 5 Microscopy
Section II The Urinalysis
- Chapter 6 Collection and Preservation of Urine
- Chapter 7 Physical Examination of Urine
- Chapter 8 Chemical Analysis of Urine
- Chapter 9 Microscopic Examination of Urinary Sediment
- Chapter 10 Atlas of Urinary Sediment
Section III Body Fluids Analysis
- Chapter 11 Introduction to Body Fluids
- Chapter 12 Cerebrospinal Fluid
- Chapter 13 Serous Body Fluids
- Chapter 14 Synovial Fluid
- Chapter 15 Gastric Fluid and Fecal Analysis
- Chapter 16 Semen Analysis
- Chapter 17 Amniotic Fluid
- Chapter 18 Vaginal Secretions
- Chapter 19 Miscellaneous Urine and Body Fluid Tests
- Chapter 20 Automation of Urinalysis and Body Fluids Examination